Barrell Bourbon Batch 018 is a cinnamon bomb of a bourbon. We began with a juicy and tropical 11-year-old blend and layered in more structured and spice-driven 14 and 15-year-old barrels to give this batch a serious amount of character and bite.
- Distilled and aged in Tennessee and Kentucky
- Selection of 11, 14 and 15-year-old barrels
- Aged in American white oak barrels
- Crafted and bottled in Kentucky
- 111.56 proof cask strength bottling
- Mash bill: corn, rye and malted barley
- Appearance: Wildflower honey with brassy highlights.
- Nose: Opens rich and fruity, on orange liqueur and maraschino syrup, with underpinnings of cardamom, juniper, and incense. With air, a note of sweet vermouth arrives then evolves into concord grape jam and mint shisha. Slowly, exotic notes of papaya, finger lime, and gooseberry lift above the milieu.
- Palate: The flavor of wildflower honey joins the orange liqueur and sweet vermouth from the nose but these sweet flavors are balanced by tangy pomegranate and strawberry. Subtle notes of dark chocolate and Kahlua lend it depth.
- Finish: Unexpectedly earthy, Barrell bourbon, with cardamom re-appearing alongside almond, cappuccino, and sumac.
With a few drops of spring water The fruit grows brighter, introducing notes of tangerine zest, mango, passionfruit, and coconut, while mineral notes of limestone and tonic water add even more lift.